Here at Grief Diaries, we believe in the power of stories to heal, and use our stories to lean on and learn from one another about experiences too valued to keep to ourselves.
Grief Diaries and its sister series, Real Life Diaries, are home to over 35 books, each holding a tender collection of stories specific to one type of loss or life event.
Fellow readers and writers will find comfort in knowing they aren’t alone, family and friends will find insight and understanding, and scholars will benefit from studying candid, unfiltered nonfiction stories and use it to find ways to better support future grievers.
How it works:
- Register to join one of the books below.
- Once enough writers have registered (15-20), we’ll move forward as a group.
- Every week for six weeks, the group will receive three questions to answer.
- Answers are compiled into the book.
- The manuscript will be sent back to writers for review and make revisions if desired.
- You can use a pen name if you want to protect your privacy.
- Each writer will receive one free copy of the book as our way of thanking you.
- As a Grief Diaries writer, you can purchase any of the anthology books at wholesale price. This is good for life.
Answering the questions:
- Don’t hold back. Nothing is off limits, so write freely and don’t sugar-coat it. Tell your story to its fullest.
- Please write in the first-person. This is your story to tell, and needs to be told in your voice.
- Avoid writing as if you’re sending a text. Spell all words and avoid abbreviations that might be misunderstood by editors.
- Unless a criminal has been tried, found guilty, and sentenced and it is now public record, please use a criminal’s first name only to avoid a libel lawsuit.
- If a question is too hard or painful to answer, skip over it. Take care of yourself first.
- No profanity.
Ready to join?
Below are books currently accepting writers. Click on it to go to the registration page. Once registered, you’ll receive an email with further instructions.